MoMA's new Art Lab iPad App
I'm always out to discover new ways to entertain my kids during the summer months. Now that we don't have sports, music lessons and homestudy work to complete day in and day out and I don't feel the insatiable to need to pull all of my hair out, we have the freedom to work on art projects that can take over the entire school room. And kitchen. And driveway. Yes, this happens. When you have six kids, any sort of project tends to take over your house.
But honestly, I'm down for anything that keeps them entertained and not lounging in front of the TV, watching Nickelodeon or the Disney channel.
Alas, sometimes you don't want to make a big mess in your house but you still want their young minds to be engaged in some sort of activity. This is where your computer/iPad comes in. I just heard about this really cool app from the Museum of Modern Art, called: MoMA's Art Lab iPad App for kids ages seven and up.
A few features:
- Create and save your own artwork
- Play with shapes, lines, and colors
- Create a sound composition
- Draw with scissors
- Collaborate on a group drawing
- Create a shape poem
- Make a chance collage
- Creative prompts for extra inspiration
- Audio for pre-readers
- Learn about works of art at MoMA. Artists include Henri Matisse, Elizabeth Murray, Jean (Hans) Arp, Jim Lambie, Brice Marden, and others.
- Share your artwork with others
Looks like a lot of fun, if I do say so myself! You find find this app for $4.99 at the App store. Have you tried this app yet?